Μόνο εγγεγραμμένοι χρήστες έχουν το δικαίωμα δημιουργίας και σχολιασμού άρθρων στο forum.
Παρακαλούμε πραγματοποιήστε είσοδο ή εγγραφή χρήστη πατώντας στο κουμπί με το εικονίδιο που βρίσκεται πάνω δεξιά.

Keyword

Capture Card for external screen recording? (for Real-time Visual Arts)

07 Apr 2018 12:04 #214398 by Gwen
Hello! I'm working in Athens with Real-time Visuals synchronized with music (for bars/clubs) with Ableton / Resolume and one laptop cannot process video effects and record the main output at the same time. So, I was wondering if a capture card like Razer Ripsaw (or Elgato, blackmagic..) can be used to record the HDMI Out instead of recording the screen like OBS or Fraps softs that lag.
If yes, do you know where in Athens I find such a card, to try it or rent it and if necessary buy one maybe..?!
Thanks a loooot for help! Merci :)
-
PS: i've a correct laptop with i7, ssd, GTX 760m, 16gb Ram and I want to record on a second w. i5, hdd, GT630m, 6gb which works still perfectly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Apr 2018 14:34 - 07 Apr 2018 14:39 #214401 by Lyricaldemon

Gwen wrote: Hello! I'm working in Athens with Real-time Visuals synchronized with music (for bars/clubs) with Ableton / Resolume and one laptop cannot process video effects and record the main output at the same time. So, I was wondering if a capture card like Razer Ripsaw (or Elgato, blackmagic..) can be used to record the HDMI Out instead of recording the screen like OBS or Fraps softs that lag.
If yes, do you know where in Athens I find such a card, to try it or rent it and if necessary buy one maybe..?!
Thanks a loooot for help! Merci :)
-
PS: i've a correct laptop with i7, ssd, GTX 760m, 16gb Ram and I want to record on a second w. i5, hdd, GT630m, 6gb which works still perfectly.

www.e-shop.gr/ypologistes-tv-tuners-video-products-list?table=PER&category=VIDEO+PRODUCTS Here's a site that you can order capture cards,its at greek currently,also check below for razer one.
www.skroutz.gr/s/9027189/Razer-Ripsaw.html?from=catspan

Also as i can see Public,a well known big brand which has stores all across athens has ripsaw after ordering it.You can order it at any Public stores you can see.They are all over!
Mall,Sintagma etc
www.plaisio.gr/games/PC-perifereiaka/gaming-accessories/Raze...apture-Card-1-28-80-20-000.htm
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gwen

08 Apr 2018 14:47 - 08 Apr 2018 14:57 #214412 by Gwen
Thank you for the adresses, I I saw the razor on skroutz before but I was looking for somewhere to rent or try it before buying. Especially that I need one now for just 3 minutes ^^ as I'm not a gamer, so I really have don't have 100€ to spend just for a one time use thing :-/. Do you think that at Public, I can buy one and give it back, saying am not satisfied? But ok, Athens is big! so it may exist, an e-game association/club that rents capture cards? This would save me! :side:
Just to understand, this is an example of my project:

I recorded this draft with my camera, but it's not good for a professional showcase :-/

08 Apr 2018 15:27 - 08 Apr 2018 15:27 #214413 by Μάνος Γρυπάρης
Greetings,

You can't just declare that you are not satisfied, because they can only accept cards if they are not working. However, there are some retailers that don't check what you return. They just accept the return and ask you to buy something, as they don't refund, but instead they keep the amount of money in your account so that you can buy stuff later.

So if you need to keep your money you won't have any success. However, you can ask to borrow a card from someone or buy and use exchange stuff (like PC gear, games etc.). Use the listings subforum .

File Attachment:
File Attachment:
File Attachment:

"Δεν με νοιάζει τι λες, αρκεί να λες σωστά το όνομά μου".
(George M. Cohan)